[Fwd: acid dipping]

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fwd: acid dipping]
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 7:17:39 +0000
Does anyone have any experience with acid dipping or alkaline dipping?
Will

I had my Bugeye dipped in 1981. The tub, bonnet, doors, rear axle housing,
engine block and head cost $525 back then. The stripper was a caustic and the
place told me to wash it, wash it and then wash it again!

I had the car painted and the only problems were getting paint back into the
inside places. You know, inside the sills, underside of the boot, yada, yada.
No rust or corrosion anywhere but it has been garaged ever since. It hasn't
been rained on but gets washed every now and again. I did undercoat everywhere
I could with the rubberized spray-on stuff.

Depending on the present cost I would do it again. It gives you a clean shell
with all the rot and bondo gone. Easier to see what bodywork needs to be done.

HTH,
Kent
1960 Bugeye