Re: Weber carburator setup

To: "DE-BREBISSON,CYRILLE (HP-Boise,ex1)" <cyrille@hp.com>
Subject: Re: Weber carburator setup
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:11:17 -0600
Cc: Spridgets@autox.team.net hp.com>
Cyrille,
         If the stop screw, the one that moves the linkage, is open more
than 1/2 turn, then the carb goes into the transition phase, and is using
very little of the idle circuit, the screw that goes into the carb body.
That may be why you can almost close the idle circuit screw.
         Generally, the car should run with the linkage stop screw in about
1/2 turn from the point where it makes the linkage move. The needle valve
should be about 3/4 - 1 turn out from where it bottoms. Idle speed is
adjusted with the needle valve screw. On DGV Webers, virtually the entire
mixture required for idling passes through this needle valve orifice. Often
the mistake folks make is using the throttle stop screw as the idle speed
adjustment. It isn't. Opening that screw a little too far permits more
negative pressure to act on the transition orifices which are differently
metered.
         This is contrary to how many carbs are adjusted, and is a source
of confusion.
         I would suggest you re-install the original jets and try this.
         Hope this helps.
         Peter
=====