1500 Blahs!

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: 1500 Blahs!
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 21:22:11 EST
My Midget 1500 was missing badly the last time I drove it and I finally got
around to beginning the investigation.  Pulled the plugs.  Plugs 1, 2, and 3
were nice dry brown, like they are supposed to be.  Plug 4 was black, sooty,
and
oily.

Compression test revealed the following figures, from front to rear:

       Dry:    100, 122, 106, 108
       Wet:   112, 125, 133, 110

The compression test was done with all the plugs removed.

Kind of wierd readings.  What does this suggest to anyone?  Ed?  Not sure why
#2 would be so high.  Looks like the rings are shot in #3.  Anything else?

Thanks!

--David C.