Re: Waxoyl and wax protection revisted]

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Waxoyl and wax protection revisted]
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 08:20:27 -0000
David,
Interesting reading.  These "test articals" come round on a 3-4 year cycle -
presumably there is only so much that can be writen and it keeps the
publishers costs down to re-present an old topic.
I remember something similar from about 10 years ago.

When I had finished painting my car I treated it with dinitrol because it is
thinner and penertrates better, and then gave all the critical areas a heavy
dose of Waxoyl which gives a heavier protective coating.  Before all of that
I had sprayed the whole of the underside with "stone chip" paint, then
covered that with a top colour coat.
Seems to be lasting well enough.

Guy