California Midget Distributor Vacuum

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: California Midget Distributor Vacuum
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 15:39:36 -0500
I am renovating a 79 Midget that has the California emissions setup. I just
passed the emissions test last week with no problems, but I am still wondering
if I have everything hooked up right. I'm particularly interested in the proper
distributor vacuum source. My Midget was not running and had no vacuum lines at
all when I got it. I've read that earlier Midgets use carb vacuum, and later
Midgets use manifold vacuum for the distributor. Mine seems to run better
hooked to manifold vacuum, but some of the photos I've seen look like the
distributor is hooked to carb vacuum.

Does anyone know which is correct? Is there a vacuum diagram available anywhere?

Bill in San Diego