Re: Passion of the Christ...NLBC

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Passion of the Christ...NLBC
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 13:07:12 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
We saw that last night too. I know what you mean about the feeling the movie
evokes, but the movie was a bit short on story line. There is no insight into
any of the characters, many of whom are never introduced to the viewer. The
visuals are stunning and the acting excellent, but the violence is overdone.
After about 15-20 minutes of non-stop graphic torture scenes, the point was
made and it was gratuitous to continue it for the entire movie.

I like Mel Gibson very much, but I think this movie is overrated.

Fred Criswell