Aaah, Spring !

To: healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>, spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Aaah, Spring !
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 14:49:35 -0800 (PST)
We got into the 50s in Northeastern Massachusetts
today.  Time to think of Spring.  This is the year the
BJ7 gets finished.  Time to clean up the garage and
prepare for battle.  Had to move the Bugeye, which
started right up after a few turns of the starter.
(Sprite Spree folks know the car as "Cyclops" thanks
to Bill Wood's hardtop with the "works"  rallye Lucas
spotlight popping out of the middle of the factory
hardtop.  Since it was running so well, might as well
take it out for a quick run to get the juices flowing.
 Great fun.  Push the BJ7 into position to get ready
for the season.  It's been in  stasis for the last few
years and time to finish it for the road.  The wobbly
wire wheels are due for replacement with some Minilite
replicas.  The Smittys five-speed is in and the
"Lempert" 3.54 is awaiting installation. Mike Lempert
just forwarded pictures of some beautiful
wood-rimmed wheels that will look great with the
Healey-blue exterior. As much as old-man Winter really
does a number on those of us who live in the Northern
climes, the prospect of warm weather invigorates us
all and shakes us out of our winter doldrums. Spring
training has started for the Red Sox.  Can Healey
season be far behind?

Happy Healeying,
Rick