Datsun Transmission and other options

To: midgetsprite group <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>, spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Datsun Transmission and other options
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 15:06:03 -0800 (PST)
As I ponder the possibilities of transmission
replacement, (nope, still stuck in first gear) I am
considering all options. I have noticed quite a few
other engine transplants on the web and remember that
someone on the list was working out using the Datsun
transplant transmission with the Datsun engine. Seems
like an option. Anyone on the list know of a site that
may hve more info. I have also looked around at V6's,
V8's, Jag engines, Toyota Powerplants, and an electric
option (but seeing what I have done with electricity
in the past that may not be so smart). There was
rumored somewhere of a transplant using an automatic
transmission, not sure if I need that yet.

I know which transmission goes with the Rivergate or
Morris conversion, which seems to be most attractive.
Instructions say it comes out of a Datsun 210 from
August 1979 to 1982, not B210. I suppose finding one
of those in one piece would kill two birds with one
stone? Maybe?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks, bill b. '69 Sprite with transmission issues.