Re: Sprite SC CR box fluid?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, team-thicko@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sprite SC CR box fluid?
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 18:41:49 -0800 (PST)
--- Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com> wrote:
> What's the recommended lube for the BMC A-series
> straight cut close ratio gearbox?  Is it the same as
> the standard gearbox (ie. motor oil)?

Thanks for the replies.  FWIW, Eric Jones, gearbox
expert (reminds me of Paul Asgeirsson in terms of
knowledge and experience) says 30W or 40W
non-detergent is the best.  Absolutely ever 90w gear
oil, more for synchro material issues than anything.

=====
Ron Soave

"And another thing.....when I gun the motor, I want the whole world to think
it's coming to an end."

- Homer Simpson