Re: Engine Question

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@exit109.com>, "William Thompson" <Willy@thompsoncarpentry.com>
Subject: Re: Engine Question
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 07:30:20 +0100
Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Not sure about the Berkley, but the Reliants started out using the Austin 7,
750cc side-valve engine and 3 speed (no synchro on any!) gearbox  Later
Reliant altered the design to ohv but the engine is basically the original
1924 Austin engine.
AND the A series 803cc design is a very obvious evolution of that 750cc
Austin 7  with the Reliant ohv engine modifications.

Don't know about anything called a "Sprite" though, that wasn't  a Sprite!
(except as a "badge" name on some later Minis)

Guy