Krispy Kreme/ snacks for the guards!

To: "charlie shelden" <shelden3@pldi.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Krispy Kreme/ snacks for the guards!
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 09:11:18 -0500
when going to the races, we have found that remembering to bring a fresh cup
of coffee and some "good" doughnuts for the gate guards when ariving late at
events opens  more doors that you could imagine!   some of those folks are
vouliteers and some are employees!   but evry one of them are human beings
stranded at a rather lonely job (well some times lonely?) they are not in a
position to leave with any ease.   a hot cup of coffee and some fresh
pastries or doughnuts are always a great "ice breaker" and the people
remember you for at least the entire weekend if not through to the next
year!   not only is it being very considerate, but!  when it's credential
time at the gate for re entry they recognise you and more often than not
just wave you by with a smile as opposed to digging through the tow vehicle
for evryone's drivers lisc. and passes for proper I.D.!
most people view the gate guards as an inconvienience and are at times
rather rude!   we try to treat them like we'd like to be treated!   "with
treats!"

chuck.