Re: 948 SU needles

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 948 SU needles
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 16:18:54 -0500
> Thus, this seems to fit the bill for a
> "1275 S with modified head and semi-
> race cam" which would be "AF".

There are many things I do not know. One of these things is SU needles.
Yes, I have the WinSU program and the Haynes SU manual with their wealth of
information on needle profiles.
I seem to be noticing that the spring-loaded needles for the HS2 have 16
stations and the fixed needles have 12 stations.
Do I compare 1 to 1, 6 to 8 and 12 to 16? Or do I compare 1 to 1, 2 to 2, 3
to 3, etc?
Bill Perry's recommendations were in the fixed needles, but my carbs are the
sprung needles, so I am trying to figure out where I am at.
David Lieb