RE: Car hauling advice needed, Connecticut to Long Island

To: "Mike Gigante" <mg@sgi.com>, <Gbouff1@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Car hauling advice needed, Connecticut to Long Island
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 17:25:18 +1000
Geoff,

> An aquaintance of mine has a Delorean with 18,000
> miles on it.  It's currently overheating and although
> it's a Volvo engine, Volvo dealerships won't touch it.

The engine is the PRV V6 (Peugeot-Renault-Volvo) and
your friend might have more luck with Renault or Peugeot
mechanics.

The engine is a relatively simple 12V OHC V6 and the Delorean
was points and carby IIRC. It should be a simple job for
any reasonable mechanic.

BTW, this is the same engine as my Renault Alpine A310V6

BTW.2, most folks say this engine doesn't show any serious
wear for > 150,000km with regular servicing.

Mike