Re: HS or HD carbs

To: "Billy T Green" <bgreen99@frontiernet.net>, "spridgets-digest" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: HS or HD carbs
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 10:54:01 -0500
This guy must be an expert.
Actually, you might have HS or H (no D) carbs.
HS are single side draught with remote fuel bowl connected by hose (to the
jet).
H are also single side draught, but the fuel bowl is connected to the
bottom of the carb with a banjo bolt. No flexible hose.

The Bugeye would have originally had H carbs.  Actually H1  (1-1/8)

FWIW, HD carbs are found on big Healeys and Jags most commonly and have a
diaphragm  attached to the jet. They also use the banjo bolt attachment and
are usually larger.

Hope this helps.
         Peter C.