Mitsubishi Alternator Questions

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Mitsubishi Alternator Questions
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 18:59:56 -0700 (PDT)
Hey all,

I jammed in a s(crap) alternator per Frank's PDLJMPR instructions.  First
question, pertains to this step: "The large wire from the generator now goes to
the large lead of the alternator." The 89 mitsubishi alternator connectors are
the same size in a "T" arrangement.  I played with it and decided the top of
the "T" was the place for the smaller of the two connectors, and the shaft of
the "T" was for the larger.  Seemed ok for a bit. Now the alternator Smokes,
Sparks Inside, and smells real bad.   Best guess? Bad Alternator, or Monkey Boy
Mechanic screwed up?  Any ideas.

Thanks,
Dan