Re: Laws of Lucas

To: spritenut@exit109.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Laws of Lucas
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 01:48:38 EDT
Frank, I had a somewhat similar problem awhile back. It seems that the bonnet
was electrically isolated from the rest of the car -----grease on the hinges.
Hot power was going to the parking lights, through the filament, then to what
should have been the ground and complete the circuit. The bonnet now had hot
battery power. I could wire up a test light bulb and put one wire on the
bonnet and the other on the door and it would light up! It was a neat  trick
but it
drove me crazy. Now all my light circuits have a separate ground wire or
"ground bus".--------------Bob C