Rod Bearing cross reference

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Rod Bearing cross reference
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 13:05:05 -0400
Got a little energetic today since it's raining here. I pulled the rod
bearings out since I started hearing a knock that wasn't suppose to be
there and the oil pressure at a warm idle wasn't up to my liking. I've got
a little copper showing thru on all of them so I figure the best thing to
do is throw in a new set. Now the question is how do I cross reference
these Vanderbilt bearings to what is available today ? The bearings I took
out have 2 sets of numbers stamped into them. One end has 2A690 the other
end has the VP logo with the numbers 2783. There are no other markings so I
can't tell if they are standard or a different size and I don't have a
fancy digital caliper to measure the crank journal to get the size. Any
ideas out there?

Dave
60-61-61 Bugeyes