Re: Specs question - a quiet day on de web

To: "Captain Rapture" <yup1275@earthlink.net>, "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Specs question - a quiet day on de web
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 13:47:25 -0500
> Today I get to try and adjust my clutch rod AGAIN. I wrote Bill
> Perry at Rivergate early last week and am surprised no answer.
> I get it to work and a day or so later, it doesn't quite disengage
> or it wants to slip.

The directions that came with my Rivergate kit tell me to adjust the length
until I have about 1/8 to 1/4 inch of travel at rest. I do, however, have
the CNC cylinder as supplied by Rivergate. Presumably, you have the same
type of adjustable rod for yours? I would also assume that you cleaned up
the bore and threw a new rebuild kit at it while you were at it??

Bill Perry contends that one of the problems with re-using the stock
cylinder is that it is frequently subjected to different travel than it was
originally, therefore the seals tend to tear themselves up on a stretch of
the bore that has been quietly rusting in peace for years.

There is also the eternal question regarding the bleeding. I used the
bicycle tube approach again and went from new line and cylinder and bone-dry
master to fully-bled hydraulic system in one easy step.
David Lieb