Re: OT: LBC songs

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: OT: LBC songs
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 00:38:10 EDT
In a message dated 4/14/04 11:00:02 AM, RBHouston@aol.com writes:

> Actually I think you find the Nash-Rambler predated the Metropolitan.  I've
> never heard a Metropolitan referred to as a Rambler, but as a Nash.
> Ramblers
> were produced as such until I think the late 60's when the name was changed
> AMC.

Ramblers (along with VW Microbuses) became so much hippy cars in the 60's
that I'd just as soon forget.   We got to the point that we would avoid at all
costs a Rambler with religious references painted on it because the drivers
were
placing one heck of a lot of trust in the Lord and not enough on themselves.
 At least in California, you didn't want to find yourself following a
Rambler.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"