Oil pressure pump up

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil pressure pump up
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 15:50:10 EDT
1500 motor:

I've been looking at the oil pump area a lot lately as I work on refitting
the distributor for the Crane 700 and it raised a question:  If you take off
the
little 'crown' deal that sits on the block  under the distributor (the thing
the first part of the shaft goes through on it's way down to the block) can
you remove the piece that connects the cam to the oil pump/distributor drive,
and then use a drill or something to spin up the oil pressure?  the reason I
bring it up is my engine has been assembled for longer than I planned without
starting and I'd like to lube it up a good one before it fires the first time.
Anyone ever try this?

Thanks!

Mark M.

PS 65 degrees today after a long hard winter, gets the spridget fixer in you
out of hibernation!