SU starving?

To: Spridget <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: SU starving?
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 23:45:28 -0400
When I lift the piston on the rear carburetor on my 1098 Sprite, the
idle does not change at all, even if I lift it wide open.  No amount of
turning the jet changes this condition.  When I open the throttle, the
piston lifts like it should.  Surprisingly, the car runs reasonably
well.

This has to mean there is no fuel flow to or through the rear
carburetor, right?  And all the fuel is being supplied only through the
front one.  I wouldn't have thought it would run as well as it does.

No chance to pursue this until tomorrow or Saturday.

Jim