Re: CA AB 2683-Smog testing

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: CA AB 2683-Smog testing
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 00:06:49 EDT
In a message dated 4/30/04 12:47:39 PM, grbyrns@ucdavis.edu writes:

> While I don't really expect this letter to get to you, I'm just hoping that
> sending it won't trigger the mailing of some generic boilerplate about
> "appreciating your concern" and thanking me for my support.

It would really help if all the California Spridgeteers would get a letter of
to Ms. Lieber.   Also, for better coverage, go to

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/yourleg.html

Find the name and address of your state senator and assemblyperson and send
HIM/HER a copy.   This is the person who is responsible to YOU.

It would be great if someone would put this on other car lists--Midgetsprite,
etc.   It would also be nice if our nameless "newbie" identified him/herself.
  Thanks for bringing this up, whoever you are.

The "legislator" who sets up these changes is probably a Junior member of the
assembly with a fresh law degree who is working at the direction of someone
else.   It really doesn't take a rocket scientist to change three words in a
very good piece of legislation and make it mean something different than the
intent--any lawyer can do the same.   I didn't personally research this
assembly
bill, although I did the previous one.   I also supported the original
legislation about 5 years ago.   Not only do you have to help push the good
stuff
through, you also have to defend it against every opportunist with a pen who
thinks this is the way to make a name for himself.

Incidentally, you don't have to worry about Ms. Lieber sending you a "thank
you for your interest".   I wrote on this very subject two months ago, and no
acknowledgement has been made.   I hoped it had died.   Guess not!

Suppose we should send copies to Arnold, too???

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"