Re: SU starving?

To: Spridget <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SU starving?
Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 22:53:07 -0400 5.0; U)
Thanks for those off-list replies.

I now know that a 1098 can run mostly on just the front carburetor, and that
before one opens the bowl and pulls out the jet, he should verify how far the
jets are turned out.  In my case, the front was 28 flats out, and the rear was
at 13.  So now, with the carburetors balanced and properly adjusted, both are
about 20 or so.  Still have some tweaking to do, after some distributor issues
are addressed (the one on the engine has no vacuum advance chamber, so I'm not
sure where initial timing should be set) I'll try some more.  Oh, and after
crawling under the nose with my timing light, I discovered there is no timing
mark on the pulley.  I painted a new on on the timing chain cover and a
corresponding one on the pulley, using a dial indicator down #1 spark plug hole
to find TDC.

This was the car I wasn't supposed to have to do much to.  I never learn.