Not happy with Rivergate x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: mg <spridgets@autox.team.net>, Rivergate@compuserve.com
Subject: Not happy with Rivergate x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 19:55:32 -0800
I have kept thinking I had it licked. Then it gets hard
to get a gear again. And again. When this is happening,
the clutch is more likely to slip. Despite my great care,
I might need a new disc? Maybe a good sanding will do.
Must I but the custom slave?

I'm using the midget slave. I keep extending the rod and
today a clunk - and no adjusting seems to help. When I
installed the kit, it seemed right to remove a washer
from the pivot point of the release arm.

Now I think that was a mistake and the arm has disengaged
from the throwout bearing, maybe. I got home by starting it
in gear even tho there was not complete disengagement.
Once in second gear, I limped home, glad to find jury duty
was cancelled. Whew!

I emailed Bill Perry weeks ago and have not had the courtesy
of a reply after buying this $600 kit. As a tightwad Scot, I am
not impressed. I know many hold a higher opinion. Good!

When it all works, it is wonderful. The Weber and the super
head, cam, LCB - this is a happy motor. When it screws me
around, Little Boomer becomes Big Bummer.

Any ideas, please?

David McCartney
71 Midget "Little Boomer"
72 Mini PU