one rich carb?

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: one rich carb?
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 19:19:16 -0700
Auth-sender: cbking@alum.rpi.edu
Hi gang,

I started my Midget this evening, and it was running rough - last time
it was running (about a week ago) it ran pretty well. The exhaust
smelled rich. I pulled the plugs (well, 3 of them - I couldn't get a
wrench on #2 without removing the Mallory) to see what was going on. #3
and #4 were a little black, but dry. #1 was wet and smelled like gas.

I'm guessing I have something sticking in the float bowl of the front
carb - either a dead float or crap in the valve. Anything else I should
check while I look in there?

-=Chris

Chris King
http://home.comcast.net/~kvcbk/