Re: vacumn advance

To: Antony Gelberg <antony@antgel.co.uk>
Subject: Re: vacumn advance
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 08:13:24 -0400 5.0; U)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
If the vacuum line was disconnected, the vacuum leak from the open port can have
adverse effects on operation, regardless of the timing setting.  I'm not
familiar with 1500s (mine have been and are older) so I'll defer to those
experts as well.  If your ignition is electronic, not points, you'll probably
need a timing light.  You could probably make good use of one in either case.
They're inexpensive from Harbor Freight and are good enough to do the job.

Generally, a non-working vacuum advance will affect higher rpm and the
transition from one to the other.  It is intended as a load sensing device.

Jim