RE: Alt conversion/ tach question

To: "William Thompson" <Willy@thompsoncarpentry.com>, "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net> i45Ff7pq029700
Subject: RE: Alt conversion/ tach question
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 10:40:47 -0500
Hi William, don't know how strict you are for originality but here's
what I did.... used an electric tach from a Triumph Spitfire.  I can't
remember what year it was but the tach was a perfect fit in the Sprite
dash and was very simple to wire up.  It has a black face with white
numerals and pointer.  Although the bezel is not the same as the Sprite,
it is pretty close enough to suit me.  Works like a charm but you must
convert to negative ground if you haven't done so already.  I can give
you the tiny little numbers on the tach face to help your search but I'm
at work now and the car is at home.  Feel free to contact me if you have
any questions but I'll be away from email from this p.m. until Monday
a.m..  LOL,
Jack