Re: Battery acid and Transmissions

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@exit109.com>
Subject: Re: Battery acid and Transmissions
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 13:51:34 +1000
Cc: Mike Gigante <mg@sgi.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Whoa!!! That is a very bizarre story.

I can certainly understand the bell housing corrosion and staining,
that acid is nasty stuff. Russell's socks, and both our jeans are
testament to that!! Aluminium corrodes quickly too...

But how the heck would the acid get onto the gearbox? There wasn't a
*hole* corroded into the box was there?

Even if it wased back along the gearbox, it couldn't have gone uphill
and into the gearlever entry... It couldn't have been just water
corrosion in the box could it?

Mike

p.s. you didn't put a straight-cut gearset in the rebuilt box did you? :-)