Re: Extended Warranty--No LBC

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Extended Warranty--No LBC
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 15:08:24 -0500
I didn't catch the beginning of this, but based on experience, don't buy an
aftermarket warranty (a dealership-sponsored warranty, like GM, is usually okay
because if they sell it, they'll service it, but probably not necessary).

1.  Most repair shops have bad experiences with them and won't want to work
with you.
2.  My brother bought one and right afterward, they dumped all existing
customers up to a month before he bought it (he was lucky, but all earlier
customers got screwed--he has yet to file a claim though).
3.  I've been struggling for a year to get my warranty company to pay two
claims they pre-approved, and they won't.  In the meantime their profits soared
3500% (gee, I wonder why?).
4.  They make it as difficult as possible for you to get your car fixed
properly.
5.  Things that break usually aren't covered.

YMMV

Adrian

--
Adrian Barnes