RE: Twin Cam in a Bugeye

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Twin Cam in a Bugeye
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 07:17:16 -0700
Thanks, Phil. If the only cutting necessary to fit the engine is the battery
tray, that's nothing - but I suspect it's a little more involved than that.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of a Lotus/Ford Twin Cam
in a Spridget- period correct, British, good looking and sounding engines...
and a lot more power than a 1275, even overbored. Only downside is cost of
engine/parts, and the additional weight.

Any chance to talk to the 66 Lotus-engined Spridget owner and find out what
is involved in fitting the engine? I would love to know what
transmission/rear axle-diff he is running too.

JLC

Phil wrote:
There is an Arkley-Bodied 66 Midget in town with a Lotus twin cam in it. The
owner (who is a professional mechanic) said he had to cut out the battery
tray.