Dixon show

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dixon show
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 21:58:33 -0700
Dixon 2004 is done and it was a good show.  Perfect weather, good turnout,
lots of interesting cars and great BBQ tri-tip sandwiches.

There was a one-of-a-kind Humber 'shooting break' woody.  An enormous car
built on a Humber limousine chassis.  There were two Triumph 2000 Roadsters.
A multitude of Lotii, a brace of Morgans, a plethora of Triumphs of all types,
a covey of big Healeys, a surplus of MGs, MGAs MGBs, TCs TDs, a Magnette and
some other rarer ones..  Three Morris Minor woodies, two MM convertibles, two
MM vans (one a V-6 street rod), and three sedans.  Only four bugeyes allowed
me to steal third by stuffing the ballot box.
There was a Marcos, a Metro, a DeLorean, a racing Lotus that could have driven
under an F150, and perhaps the rarest of all, a 1950 Helaey Silverstone.  That
was one VERY cool looking car.  It got a ton of attention.
Land Rovers of all ages, a few new Minis and some tricked out hot old-style
Minis as well as some pristine original Minis.  A Jaguar XK120 in superb
condition stood quietly at the end of one line of cars all day and was circled
by a ring of drool by the end of the day.  Much of it mine.

Good time, good cars, all three cars home without breakdown, and my wife won
the silent auction for the picnic basket.  Imagine my joy at not having to
carry home those nasty old wrenches or the silly drill bit set.  Aside from
the picnic basket, I got a nice old fashioned raised letter English front
plate for the 58 Austin.  Conveniently, it says "58 AUSTIN".

Sunburned, tired, stuffed with tri-tip, over and out.

Glen