1500cc Dizzy conversion questions

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1500cc Dizzy conversion questions
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 00:18:22 -0400
Hey All,

The car is a rubber bumper Midget with a 1500cc engine.

It currently has a 25D dizzy which looks like it was just wired up in
place of the original dizzy (by the PO).  The ballast resistor is still
in the car and appears to be wired in.  I don't know if the coil has
been changed.

Symptoms;  Weak and/or intermittent spark, misses upon acceleration,
lack of power.

I want to keep the 25D dizzy for now.  I'm guessing that the ballast
resistor is not needed and that the coil should be changed to a
non-ballasted type coil to keep the 25D.

Suggestions please.....

Kevin V.