RE: fiberglass transmission hump thingy.

To: "'Bill L'" <pythias@pacifier.com>
Subject: RE: fiberglass transmission hump thingy.
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 19:12:57 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I just got the later 1500 shifter boot and dumped the can all together.
In fact I got a nice rubber boot with leather pattern and even fake
stitching, at the yard when I picked up the later metal hold down ring.
With the 5-speed shift knob it works and looks fine.
                Crash

Hello spridgets,

      i just a 5 speed in the "the red thing"...

      one detail that i'm working out is getting the the shifter to
      match the hole in the that "big hump thingy" that the rubber
      shift boot fits into... don't know exactly what to call it, but
      the hole needs to be shifted forward. as a temporay fix, i used
      a grinder to get clearance, but the rubber boot no longer fits,
      THEREFORE...

      i'm having a friend cast that piece in fiberglass. i'll then
      position the hole with a hole saw to fit the exact center! he'll
      be casting it about ONE INCH lower than stock. since he'll have
      the mold already, he can cast as many as needed.... anyone else
      interested?

--
Best regards,
 Bill                          mailto:pythias@pacifier.com