Re: Starter problems

To: "DE-BREBISSON,CYRILLE \(HP-Boise,ex1\)" <cyrille@hp.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Starter problems
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 16:39:05 -0700
Hi Cyrille

I would start by checking the ground strap from the chassis to the engine.
If that's OK, when the starter fails to turn over the engine, try rocking
the car forward and back while in 4th gear to possibly dislodge a stuck
starter drive. If it comes loose and then it functions OK, then I'd be
suspicious that you have a ring gear chewed up and the starter bendix drive
is binding in a shot ring gear.

Check these out first.  There are other things to check before lighting the
car on fire!!