Re: differentials

To: "Ed Townley" <Townley@zianet.com>, <spridgets-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: differentials
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 15:21:37 -0700
Yes, these are the ratios used in Morris Minors.  The 8/43 one was supplied
in the later MM series and early series II cars with the 803 engines.  Some
Sprideteers like it for Autocrossing, so it has some value to a few.  These
are NOT very commonly available.  The 9/41 is what was supplied in the later
series II cars and all the 1000 series up until the 1098 engine in 1963.
Then it went to a 4.22:1, which was a very different 4.22:1 than supplied in
the Spridgets!!!  It wasn't very robust.

Later, Paul A
Morriservice