Humming again!!

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: Humming again!!
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 08:00:14 EDT
After months of sitting in my driveway, I finally got my Midget back together
and it is running like a champ!   No misses, sounds and runs great right now
(knocking on wood).  Here is what I found:  1.  The head gasket showed black
residue between the 3rd and 4th cylinders, indicating a leak there.  I replaced
the head gasket.  and 2.  After I started it up, it would run pretty well for
a short time, then stumble to death.  I checked the clear glass fuel filter
and it was empty.  Conclusion:  gas not gettng to the carb:  Fuel pump.  Pulled
the fuel pump (located in the boot), pushed tubes on it and sunk the suck end
in a can of alcohol.  Electrified the pump, and it sucked fine.  While
putting it back into place, I noted that the rubber hose that ran from the exit
end
of the pump had been crimped, probably by something I was carrying in the
boot.  Replaced the hose--end of problem.  I am resonating the Big Valley here
in
Tennessee again!  8^)  Now I gotta polish the chalky little thing.

--David C.