Hey U.K. folks from [151.201.36.152] at Sat, 22 May 2004 18:24:36 -0500

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hey U.K. folks from [151.201.36.152] at Sat, 22 May 2004 18:24:36 -0500
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 19:24:35 -0400
With the talk of Gasoline prices, I had a couple questions that the
folks over in the UK might have answers for.

Has the price in the UK or other countries risen at the same rate as
ours has recently or has it been semi stable?

Since most standard transmission cars get better milage than automatic
transmissions, what is the ratio of standard to automatic transmissons
over there? We seem to be running about 2% or less standard
transmissions over here. Think of the gas we could save if all the
soccer moms could drive a stick shift!

The only diesel car you can buy in the US is the VW Golf. Probably less
than 2% US diesel autos. What percent of European vehicles are diesel?

One last question in general, if the price of crude has gone up so much
lately and the gas is rising in response to that, how come a quart of
oil can still be less than a $1 on sale?

Dave (Sunburned at Carlisle for the first time in 19 years.)