clean fuels and oil costs.

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: clean fuels and oil costs.
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 09:11:54 -0700
Hello spridgets,

      there has been on ongoing discussion about the high cost of oil,
      clean fuel atlernatives, taxes in US vs Europe VS Austraulia,
      etc, etc ,etc.

      there are some (i hate to say it but here goes anyway) simple
      truths. .. gasoline has the highest btu per volume of almost
      anything else out there! that's the REAL reason we don't go to
      other energy sources for our personal conveyances. .. when the
      COST per btu of gasoline goes above that of other (portable)
      energy sources, THEN AND ONLY THEN will alternative fuels become
      viable. there ARE plenty of other energy sources out there, but
      comes down to COST per BTU!...

      those who push hydrogen as a clean energy source do not take
      into account that hydrogen is not a SOURCE. it is energy
      neutral--so far--- that is the energy it takes to GET pure
      hydrogen is equal to the amount of energy that one can obtain
      from using it. by itself it will do NOTHING to ease an energy
      "shortage", as we still have to do something to produce the
      energy in the first place.

      there is no shortage of energy... just an unwillingness to face
      the COSTS of producing it, "by any means necessary."

--
Best regards,
 Bill                          mailto:pythias@pacifier.com