Average Speed

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Average Speed
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 23:42:08 EDT
This evening marks 23 years since I purchased my 1979 1500 Midget, Growler.
An appropriate anniversary to fall within British Car Week. Went for a nice
topdown cruise to our favorite local pub to mark the occasion. Shame they were
out of Smithwicks, but Black and Tans served very nicely. It was a two-year-old
used car with 25,194 miles on the clock when I bought it from Howard Orloff
Motors in Chicago, one of the two MG dealers in the city when MGs stopped
coming
over here. Tonight that same odo shows 107,871 miles. So tonight I calculated
that 23 years breaks down to 201,480 hours (inclusive of leap days). So
dividing that into the 82,677 miles I have put on the car in my ownership, I
come
up with this car having averaged 0.41005535055 m.p.h. over the years I've had
it.

;-)

Kim Tonry
Downers Grove, Illinois, USA