Re: Headrests

To: jimdinalameda@hotmail.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Headrests
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 19:52:21 EDT
In a message dated 6/1/2004 5:35:54 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
jimdinalameda@hotmail.com writes:
Can someone tell me how the heck to get the headrests off on my 79 Midget?
Well Jim, they can be tough.  If you are going to reupholster anyway, make a
slit in the back and you can see how to release them.  You might, emphasize
might, be able to squeeze a hand up from the bottom if you take the seat apart.

The way I did it was to lower the hood (top) and stand in the seat and jerk
upwards with all my might.  That worked on one.  The other I managed to pry up
to the last click, but it would not come off.  So, I used my short handled
14lb. sledge, put the head under the rest and jerked upwards with the handle.
This is my B'estFH and it worked.

Be sure you are ready for it to come loose or you can lose your balance
standing on the seat.

Robert Houston
Texan in New Mexico

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded
state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war
is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight,
nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable
creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the
exertions
of better men than himself.John Stuart Mill (1806 - 1873)