Re: Concorde's Last Flight (no LBC, but worthwhile!)

To: "Spridgets \(E-mail\)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Concorde's Last Flight (no LBC, but worthwhile!)
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 09:02:16 +0100
Bill,
Nice pictures.
The first time I saw Concorde was when one of the prototypes was being
tested. I was out for a walk on the cliffs on the north coast of Somerset on
a clear, sunny afternoon when I heard this thunder rumble. As I looked out
to sea, Concorde flew past at low level, well below me, and apparently just
skimming the wave tops.  It was maybe at 200 feet and about the same
distance out from the cliff I was on, and I looked down on the uppr surface
as it just cruised by.  That was around 35 years ago and the memory still
makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up!

Guy