Re: Minilites and Yokohama Avids FS

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Minilites and Yokohama Avids FS
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 17:57:28 -0700
The wheels and tires are spoken for but here is an excerpt from a email
I sent out to someone asking about the engine transmission for sale.  If
anyone is still serious after reading this we can talk.  This engine was
put together without cost as a factor.  IT will make one hell of a great
street motor, but it's not cheap.  I still have not decided what I want
for it.  I probably have almost $4-5000 into it.  I'd have to add up
reciepts.  Gerard can vouch for everything below the head as he built it
for me.  The head was done by David Anton and mimics one of his
$1200-1500 heads.  The intake and carburation was done at APT also and
the exhaust header was ceramic Jet-Hot coated.
Mike

     You are not going to like this. but I just finished the engine
/5speed on a whim to install in my Bugeye.  You can ask Gerard about the
bottom end of the engine, he built it.  The head has almost $1000 worth
of work including oversize rimflo intake and Rimflo exhaust valves.  The
holes for the push rods have been relieved for the tubular chrome moly
push rods and a bushed roller rocker 1.5 setup sits on top.  I have a
polished aluminum valve cover to top it off.  The bottom of the engine
has .030 over pistons and the con rods have been lightened and
polished.  All rotating parts have been balanced including the harmonic
balancer right back to the clutch cover.  The timing is accomplished
with a belt drive and was timed according to David Anton's specs.  The
pistons were decked to within .005 of the top of the block as requested
by David Anton.  He CC'ed the head to produce a CR of 9 to 1.  It has a
266 cam profile and uses a single HIF66 modified carb by APT to simulate
the next size up.  An epoxy ramp was built into the carb per Vizard to
help air flow.  There is a conical K&N air filter with an integral stub
stack inside the filter.   David Anton says we can't tell until it is on
the dyno, but it should produce a good 85-90 HP.  Do you still want to
talk price?  Just go to the APT website and add up some of the costs for
the parts I have mentioned.  I spared no expense putting this together
because it was for my car.  I don't expect ot get all my money back, but
I don't want to take a bath on it either.  The gearbox was $365 tested
and I bought Paul A's kit (over $600).  It all adds up.  Now that I look
at it it scares me to think what I have hidden from my wife!

Mike MacLean