re: Bike-engined Spridget?

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: Bike-engined Spridget?
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 13:53:03 -0400
per Jacque...
>>I wonder how easy it would be to put one of these engines and sequential
>transmission in a Spridget... with an RX7 axle to take the power. Has this
>ever been done? I know of Lotus Seven clones with Hayabusa 1300cc engines

  Have you looked at the 'Legends's cars?  Tube-frame mini-cars, race-only,
with 1930's style bodies using motorcycle engine/transmissions.  Used to use
1200cc Kawasake.  Dunno now.    Mostly race on small ovals but I've also seen
them at an SCCA roadrace.  Look really neat.  Might be possible to make one
street legal titled as a kit-car.
    Ed in NC