Re: Why won't my Midget stay fixed? Clutch problems

To: <john@ssrimusic.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Why won't my Midget stay fixed? Clutch problems
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 13:47:54 -0700
Auth-sender: cbking@alum.rpi.edu
That sounds like what my '77 has been doing. It has a new Borg & Beck
clutch in it, rebuilt master and slave. DOT5 fluid.

Do you get an abnormal amount of freeplay at the top of the pedal when
you're losing the clutch? That's what mine does. If I pump it I can get
it to just go into gear. First time it happened, I let the car sit
overnight and everything seemed normal in the morning. But the next day
out it happened again.

I haven't had a chance to look at the clutch in this beast yet, but I'll
keep everyone informed on what I find. Hopefully this weekend I'll get
to look at it.

Let us know what you find out.

-=Chris

Chris King