e-bay bust

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: e-bay bust
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 09:09:10 EDT
Go figure, I see Judson Vacuum gauges going for 500 plus on ebay, but I
couldn't get the reserves for either the Bugeye or Midget.
The reserve on the bugeye was 8,000 and all it yielded at auction was 6,000.
This car is in very good "driver"  condition, 1275, 5 speed, front discs, new
shocks, exhaust header, new top, decent (but not great) interior and paint.
Basically buy it, and drive it home deal. Get annal complusive with it over the
winter.

The midget was even more surprising to me. 1275, 276 cam, dual point dizzy,
header, glass pack, wire wheels, orginal tranny, decent paint, very clean
interior. All I could get was $3,500? I was going to let someone steal it for
4,000. Wishful thinking on my part.

I have to say I got some just stupid questions to e-bay member. I was trying
to honest about the condition of the cars and inject a sense of humor. I
described one car as looking good at 10 feet and 10 mph. I get this guy ask if
the
car goes more than 10 imiles and hour. And he was serious.

The ebay vultures are now circling. Guess I have to rethink this thing. I
must have an inflated view of value of these cars. But with four LBCs in the
garage, that is just too many to enjoy.

David Oliner