Re: avgas or race fuel?

To: "Bill L" <pythias@pacifier.com>, "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: avgas or race fuel?
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 09:30:30 -0500
my question is..... why not just protect your investment in the engine and
buy the fuel that's suitable for it?

Race fuel comes in several variety's... you didn't mention which one your
buying or where your buying it... but here's a couple of side thoughts on
how to go about this.

First off it's got to be fresh.... not stuff you have sitting around from
last year... or the suppliers Last year stuff... trust me on this... it's
worth the effort... and it ensures you don't get fuel that's been exposed to
sun light which can modify it's content.

If I was looking for say some 110... or some 104 I'd just go to the local
circle track guy and buy it there... they use a bunch so it's cheap and
fresh....

Otherwise.... find the local suppliers and check out prices off the track
they are usually about 1/2 price in comparison.... but always make sure of
the source of the fuel... don't let someone go in a back room without you...
you need to know it's both clean and that your getting exactly what your
paying for...

I'm so anal about fuel that I'm thinking it's important to Dyno the motor on
the same fuel your going to run on the course...

Keith