Re: Windshield and flywheel questions..

To: lewing@sport.rr.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Windshield and flywheel questions..
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 13:44:32 EDT
In a message dated 6/17/04 6:50:59 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
lewing@sport.rr.com writes:

> Also, the ring gear on my flywheel looks a little rough and I would
> like to purchase one of those as well BUT I have never replaced one.
> How tough is it to do?

Lester:

I don't know about the bugeye ring gear, but I took my flywheel to my local
racing machine shop where they took off the ring gear and reversed it to expose
unused teeth. That was at least a couple of years and many driving miles ago
and it works perfectly.  Mine is a '79 1500.  When I had it done, I received
several replies from the list that you couldn't do it, but that has been proven
false by experience.  You CAN do it on the 1500.  Maybe you can't on the
948-1098-1275 flywheels.

--David C.