Midget help

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Midget help
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 21:14:08 -0400
Cc: "Joe work" <joseph.weber@us.ngrid.com>, "webers" <webers@nycap.rr.com>
This is my 1st question after viewing th e list for a few months now. I have a
79 midget (original) & don't know much about it. Yesterday, I drove it for 1/2
hour in 83 degree weather and all was fine. I stopped to pick up milk for 10
minutes. I got back in the car, drove 1/2 mile and "nothing", she just quit. I
let it sit for awhile and upon cranking, got a sputter here & there. Two hours
later, ahe fired right up and now idles at 2200rpm?? The car has the SZ
stromberg with a non-functioning water choke. I'm now afraid to drive the car
and the mechanis I use is 40 miles away. Any suggestions as to what might have
happened would be greatly appreciated.