Re: [midgetsprite] Re: NO LBC ....US content only Jul 2004 22:22:48 -040

To: spritenut@exit109.com (Frank Clarici)
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] Re: NO LBC ....US content only Jul 2004 22:22:48 -0400
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 08:32:56 -0400
Cc: macleans@earthlink.net (Mike MacLean), toyman@digitex.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Kids are not (born) stupid.

They have bright, inquisitive (and blank)
little minds when they "pop out", and
come tailored and ready to learn.

The adults in charge of educating them
are the stupid. We are the ones who think
we can "save steps" in learning.

What we forget is that the old way must
be taught for the sake of "fundamentals",
before adding "new" (more recently gained) material.

Notice the way today's kids hand you your change at the local
McDonald's...all at once (with coins spilling
all over the place!!:)

Why? 'cause today's adults don't teach
today's kids how to count. They don't need
to know cause today's machines do the
work. ("retard proof")

Unfortunately, the machines are built by humans. And humans are not
perfect.
Thus, anything humans build is not perfect
and subject to failure...and 'cause kids
aren't taught to count, when that machine
breaks down the McDonald's line comes
to a standstill.

"Retard proof"? Hardly!!! It's the "other
way"!!

If that kid knew how to count I could still
get my GD 1/4 Pounder and be
outta there instead of sitting in a GD line for an hour waiting for some
guy to
fix or install a new machine.

Who taught (or failed to teach) the kid?
"Stupid" ADULTS, that's who!!!! :):)

Cap'n. Bob
     '60 :{)