Powerwashing rear

To: <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Powerwashing rear
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 19:23:45 -0400
No no its not what your thinking.

I have the entire rear dissassembled on the BE project.  Hubs and diff out.
I had the entire unit when it was fully assembled sand blasted and now I
want to be sure the media is not in the diff.

Can I clean the diff sufficiently without pulling it apart.  Hopefully I can
just pull the universal joint flange cover off and clean the rest.  I am
leary of reassembling the entire thing because of preload settings etc.

Can I powerwash the diff or should I use a solvent in the parts washer.  I'm
guessing water in the diff would be a bad thing.

How about powerwashing the rear axle case.
thanks as always.

Phil Nase